We specialize in well care for babies through adolescence. We handle most chronic medical conditions as well as acute problems. Many procedures are done right in our office including sutures, immunizations, and wart treatment.
"From prevention to disease management, we care for all babies, children and adolescents."
COVID-19 Update from Beacon Pediatrics
Beacon Pediatrics offers TELEHEALTH visits with your provider on a daily basis. These visits can be done for many sick visits, rashes, pink eye, colds, ADHD med checks, depression, anxiety. We can not do them for well child visits/check-ups. Call 302-645-8212 for questions or to schedule an appointment.
Preparation information for TELEHEALTH visits:
Please read all information below as this will make the visit go more smoothly.
To prepare for your telehealth appointment, please do the following:
1. If your appointment is for a rash or other skin lesion, please take a picture(s) and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 30 minutes prior to the visit.
2. Please have a current weight and height for your child if they are having a med check. If they are having a sick visit, then have a current weight and temperature.
3. **Please have your child with you for the visit.**
4. 10-15 minutes before your telehealth appointment:
a. Click on the link, or type the applicable URL into your browser for the provider you are scheduled to see:
i. Dr. Jeff Boxer – www.doxy.me/drjboxer
ii. Dr. Erin Fletcher – www.doxy.me/drerinfletcher
iii. Dr. Stacey Fox – www.doxy.me/drstaceyfox
iv. Dr. Nancy Gideon – www.doxy.me/drnancygideon
v. Dr. Meredith Luckenbaugh – www.doxy.me/drluckenbaugh
vi. Beth Baldwin, CPNP – www.doxy.me/beaconbaldwin
vii. Cathy Haut, CPNP – www.doxy.me/cathy410
b. Enter patient’s name (not parent’s name).
c. Please have your child with you for the visit.
d. Enable your camera – video must be enabled to participate in a telehealth session. If using a cellphone, please make sure you enable permission for doxy.me to use your microphone and camera.
e. You will be entered into the virtual waiting room. The doctor or nurse practitioner will begin your visit as soon as he/she is available.
f. It is recommended that others in the home not stream movies or use Zoom, Skype or Facetime during your appointment. This may interfere with your connection with the provider.
additional info as of Sunday 3/22/2020:
The well-being of our patients at Beacon Pediatrics is our utmost concern during this challenging time. We are taking measures to protect all of our patients as well as our staff. We are updating things starting Monday, March 23rd as noted below.
Our office hours have changed and we will NOT be offering walk-in visits during this world wide crisis. Our updated hours are as follows:
Monday to Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm
Saturday 8 am to 10am
All visits will be by appointment only. Scheduled sick visits are readily available.
Your child’s safety is our priority. We want to ensure our well children stay well and we want to continue to provide care for our children that are sick. To that end we have instituted the following in our office:
1. Separate entrances and areas of the office for well and sick children.
2. Staff and providers are either working in the well area or the sick area….not shifting back and forth.
3. All rooms are being cleaned thoroughly between patients. No toys are in the exam rooms.
4. There will be no waiting room – you will be greeted at the door and escorted directly to an exam room.
5. All children and caregivers are being screened prior to entering our office to ensure they are seen in the appropriate area of the office.
6. We ask that the child and only 1 caregiver attend the appointment if possible.
We encourage our families to continue to have your child receive their appropriate well child care and stay up to date on their vaccinations; this especially applies to the children less than 2 years and the 4 year olds.
We are able to provide many of our patients care through telehealth services (with audio and video capabilities) with our providers. A telehealth visit is just like “Facetime” or “Skype” but with our provider and in a HIPAA compliant secure connection. Our staff may offer that as an option for medication checks, some followup visits and some sick visits. If you would like to schedule a visit via telehealth, please call our office at (302) 645-8212. If that visit is needed outside our current office hours, please ask the answering service for a “Telehealth” visit.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we make changes rapidly during this ever evolving COVID 19 pandemic. Remember that social distancing, staying home if you are sick and good hand hygiene are critical during this time. As always, Beacon Pediatrics wants to ensure the safest environment and best care for you and your family.