We specialize in well care for babies through adolescence. We handle most chronic medical conditions as well as acute problems. Many procedures are done right in our office including sutures, immunizations, and wart treatment.
"From prevention to disease management, we care for all babies, children and adolescents."
Weekend OFFICE HOURS for acute/sick visits:
Beacon Pediatrics will NOT have office hours on Saturday, September 26th but we will be OPEN on SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th from 8 to 10am.
PREPARATION FOR DRIVE THRU FLU CLINIC for Saturday, September 26th:
This is for patients that are already scheduled for this event.
To make the visit flow more smoothly, please do the following:
1. Have your child dressed in clothing that will allow easy access to their thigh (upper leg) if they are less than 4 yrs of age or their upper arm if they are 4 years of age or older.
2. Please keep them buckled up or restrained in their car seat for the visit.
3. All persons 5 years of age or older in the vehicle should wear a mask. We strongly suggest children 2 years of age and older also wear a mask.
4. If an adult in the family wants to get their flu vaccine also please notify staff at the event. No appointment is necessary for the adult.
This event is being done in conjunction with Beebe Healthcare who will be providing flu vaccine for adults. This event will occur rain or shine. There will be people and signs to direct traffic. Please be patient with our volunteers.
Beacon Pediatrics will be offering DRIVE-THRU FLU CLINICS this season for our patients in our parking lot. We will be offering quadrivalent preservative-free flu shots as well as flu nasal spray (Flumist). Both forms of vaccine are recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics and CDC. Beebe Healthcare staff will also be present at our DRIVE-THRU FLU CLINICS to offer flu vaccine for adults. The dates are Saturday, September 26th 9am to 12pm, Saturday, October 10th 9am to 4pm and Saturday, October 24th 9am to 4pm. To schedule your flu vaccine, please call our office 302-645-8212.
All of the providers at Beacon Pediatrics, STRONGLY RECOMMEND all patients age 6 months of age and older get their flu vaccine. Getting your flu vaccine this season during the COVID-19 pandemic is especially important to help protect your child from the flu. We are especially concerned about this upcoming respiratory season and want to have our patients as protected and prepared as they can be.
Beacon Pediatrics offers TELEHEALTH visits with your provider on a daily basis. These visits can be done for many sick visits, rashes, pink eye, colds, ADHD med checks, depression, anxiety. We can not do them for well child visits/check-ups. Call 302-645-8212 for questions or to schedule an appointment. Please see the Patient Education page for Preparation Information for your TELEHEALTH visit.
COVID 19 INFORMATION:
See information below with our current office hours. All visits will be by appointment only. Scheduled sick visits are readily available.
Your child’s safety is our priority. We want to ensure our well children stay well and we want to continue to provide care for our children that are sick. To that end we have instituted the following in our office:
1. Separate entrances and areas of the office for well and sick children.
2. Staff and providers are either working in the well area or the sick area….not shifting back and forth.
3. All rooms are being cleaned thoroughly between patients. No toys are in the exam rooms.
4. There is NO waiting room – you will be greeted at the door and escorted directly to an exam room.
5. All children and caregivers are being screened prior to entering our office to ensure they are seen in the appropriate area of the office.
6. We ask that the child and only 1 caregiver attend the appointment if possible.
7. We require that the parent/guardian/caregiver and child 13 years and older wear a mask to their appointment. If the child is less than 2 years old they should NOT wear a mask. If the child is less than 13 years but greater than 2 years, we strongly encourage mask use.
8. All staff are screened each day prior to starting their workday. Staff will be wearing a mask at all times. They may be wearing additional personal protective equipment as well.
We encourage our families to continue to have your child receive their appropriate well child care and stay up to date on their vaccinations. Please see the article on the Patient Education page for more on this topic.
We are able to provide many of our patients care through telehealth services (with audio and video capabilities) with our providers. A telehealth visit is just like “Facetime” or “Skype” but with our provider and in a HIPAA compliant secure connection. Our staff may offer that as an option for medication checks, some followup visits and some sick visits. If you would like to schedule a visit via telehealth, please call our office at (302) 645-8212.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we make changes during this ever evolving COVID 19 pandemic. Remember that social distancing, wearing a mask when you are in public, staying home if you are sick and good hand hygiene are critical during this time. As always, Beacon Pediatrics wants to ensure the safest environment and best care for you and your family.