We specialize in well care for babies through adolescence. We handle most chronic medical conditions as well as acute problems. Many procedures are done right in our office including sutures, immunizations, and wart treatment.
"From prevention to disease management, we care for all babies, children and adolescents."
Beacon Pediatrics has available quadrivalent preservative-free flu shots as well as flu nasal spray (Flumist). Both forms of vaccine are recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics and CDC. To schedule your flu vaccine, please call our office 302-645-8212.
All of the providers at Beacon Pediatrics, STRONGLY RECOMMEND all patients age 6 months of age and older get their flu vaccine. Getting your flu vaccine this season during the COVID-19 pandemic is especially important to help protect your child from the flu. We are especially concerned about this upcoming respiratory season and want to have our patients as protected and prepared as they can be.
Your child’s safety is our priority. We want to ensure our well children stay well and we want to continue to provide care for our children that are sick. To that end we have instituted the following in our office:
1. Separate entrances and areas of the office for well and sick children.
2. Staff and providers are either working in the well area or the sick area….not shifting back and forth.
3. All rooms are being cleaned thoroughly between patients. No toys are in the exam rooms.
4. There is NO waiting room – you will be greeted at the door and escorted directly to an exam room.
5. All children and caregivers are being screened prior to entering our office to ensure they are seen in the appropriate area of the office.
6. We ask that the child and only 1 caregiver attend the appointment if possible.
7. We require that the parent/guardian/caregiver and child 13 years and older wear a mask to their appointment. If the child is less than 2 years old they should NOT wear a mask. If the child is less than 13 years but greater than 2 years, we strongly encourage mask use.
8. All staff are screened each day prior to starting their workday. Staff will be wearing a mask at all times. They may be wearing additional personal protective equipment as well.
We encourage our families to continue to have your child receive their appropriate well child care and stay up to date on their vaccinations. Please see the article on the Patient Education page for more on this topic.
We are able to provide many of our patients care through telehealth services (with audio and video capabilities) with our providers. A telehealth visit is just like “Facetime” or “Skype” but with our provider and in a HIPAA compliant secure connection. Our staff may offer that as an option for medication checks, some followup visits and some sick visits. If you would like to schedule a visit via telehealth, please call our office at (302) 645-8212.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we make changes during this ever evolving COVID 19 pandemic. Remember that social distancing, wearing a mask when you are in public, staying home if you are sick and good hand hygiene are critical during this time. As always, Beacon Pediatrics wants to ensure the safest environment and best care for you and your family.